Pages

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Never underestimate CardioX!

It was only the second day, but I already needed an extra push to actually do the workout.  So I asked my husband to join me in doing CardioX.

My husband, who was much stronger than I was, had been following the Classic P90X program, so he was understandably hesitant about "downgrading" from his own workout.  He eventually gave in after I gave him my best puppy-begging face.

We popped the DVD in early evening, a little before dinner.  It was the perfect time because I still had enough energy from my late lunch of rice and butter chicken marsala, but it would also help us work up an appetite for the delicious-smelling pot roast that had been sitting in the crock pot for several hours.

The first half hour was comprised mainly of a series of Yoga poses -- runner's pose, warrior 1, warrior 2, and reverse warrior.   Not only did it stretch us out, it was enough to get our bloods pumping.

The second half got us jumping, with quick punches and roundhouse kicks, high knees and wacky jacks.  It was simultaneously exhilarating and exhausting.  Well, more like the latter.  By the end of the workout, we thought we were going to pass out.  Yes, even my husband.

So even if you're fit as a horse, CardioX can still make your heart race.

No comments:

Post a Comment