Pages

Monday, July 18, 2011

Lean Mean P90X Machine!

That's right.  I'm attempting the infamous P90X workout to achieve that oh-so-sexy beach body.  Why? Because it's popular right now; I'm easily swayed by TV testimonials; and out of sheer curiosity.

There are three types of P90X programs: Lean, Classic, and Doubles.  Lean focuses more on cardio than muscle-building.  Classic is meant to tone and strengthen.  Doubles is for the hardcore bodybuilder who barely breaks a sweat with the other two programs.

Naturally, I chose to do Lean.

So here's chronicling my very first week and very first day:  I did Core Synergetics, a workout that is said to be the foundation for all the others.

It's a reasonably uncomfortable workout that focuses on -- what else -- the core.  If you have no idea what the core is, you'll find out once you start doing the workout.  Because I definitely felt the discomfort in that area. In case you're still clueless, the core pertains to the center, the abs.

I was able to do most of the exercises, except for most of the push-ups and that damn Chaturanga or whatever it's called.  I did enjoy the Dreya Roll, and Superman-Banana.

It helps that Tony Horton is funny probably without meaning to be.  He can sound like a jerk but he still makes me laugh, which helps when I'm wheezing in pain.

I haven't made any drastic changes to my diet.  Rather, I haven't made any changes at all to my diet.  Today, I had white rice and sweet pork longganisa (a type of Filipino sausage) for brunch.  Dinner was white rice and bulalo (a Filipino style beef stew).  And I had a midnight meal of white rice, sweet pork longganisa and a fried egg.

Tomorrow, it's Cardio time! Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment